Project Monoxide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum Upgrade: Phpbb3

2 posters

Go down

Forum Upgrade: Phpbb3 Empty Forum Upgrade: Phpbb3

Post by Zulwarn Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:23 am

Hello members!

Before I kick off with the main announcement, I would just like to announce that StillScape has successfully been renamed into Project Monoxide and will take effect server wise very very soon.

Now for the big update~

The site has successfully been upgraded into the Phpbb3 forum source. Yes, I did say I was going to upgrade to vBulletin but it didn't work out too well with me and I didn't achieve anything I personally wanted from it.

Features:

• Easily customizable banner space
  • Variety of available skins
  • Homepage
  • ChatBox
  • Legend
  • Sliding announcements
  • Default tags like YouTube

Faults:

• Categories (They do not appear physically, which bundles the forums together)

There wasn't really much for the faults due to the fact that it was the only current thing I seen wrong with the site. We do intend on buying a domain soon to make the access all the more easier.

Now some of you may be wondering what the deal about the new server is, and that whether or not it's going to replace the current server. Well the answer is NO! The new server is going to be released as a completely 'new' server, using the same source as the current server, but it's going to be remade into a Pking based server.

But there is only one fault with the arrival of the new server, and that's the lack of money that we currently have. This is also a fault with the current server since the VPS has only 1 month before we need to renew it. I've come up with a simple method to earn cash to provide for the server. Simply go to the 'Portal' page, which is the homepage, and click the advertisement.

The advertisement is basically stating that every time 10 people click it, then it will count as a refer. This means that per every 10 referral, will benefit donate $10 to my "AlertPay" account so that we can fund the server without any donations. Don't get me wrong though, don't think donating is nulled out. I'm going to work on setting up a Donation page in order to sell stats/items for an agreeable price.

Also, please do not forget to Vote for the server. Every time you vote for the server means that we have the chance to get another player or two depending on how popular we become. Voting is very important if you want the overall entertainment from the server to be all the more better than it is!

Oh and by the way, the only way to solve the Category problem is to manually switch to Phpbb2 or another one of the provided forum sources. Though if I do so, they'll end up looking extremely ugly overall.

Thanks!

: Project Monoxide Staff :
Zulwarn
Zulwarn
Owner
Owner

https://monoxide.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Forum Upgrade: Phpbb3 Empty Re: Forum Upgrade: Phpbb3

Post by Snapper96 Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:32 pm

Also a custom ToS page is on its way.

It will be like RuneScapes ToS but with different effects etc.

Also! I have been looking over something and have decided that Project Monoxide will be copyrighted mainly to stop anyone from using our name.

Thanks
~Project Monoxide Staff~
Snapper96
Snapper96
Owner
Owner

Location : In Lindsey's Pants + Bra. (Hehe Love You Lindsey :))

Back to top Go down